Saturday, October 31, 2009

Feep-o-Lantern

Thus it begins:



I've started by cutting the eye socket, since if the eyeball didn't fit properly I'd have to rethink the design. Once I've got the eye socket right, I draw in the rest of the design with a sharpie and start cutting bits away with the detail saw.



Now it's all cut out, but I'll need to put in a vent for the eye candle. Time to light it up and see which bits catch fire!



Because of the shape of the pumpkin the vent has to be a pretty big slice. So I turn it into a furrowed brow.



The eyeball candle lights up the pumpkin relatively well, but I want it to be even brighter, so I add a little pumpkin candle at the bottom.



I'm not quite sure what the story is here. Did the big pumpkin eat the little one? Or is the little one controlling the big one from within?

No comments: