Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Red & Black Tentacle Twist



Observe! This is the first new tentacle twist I've made in a couple of years. As you can tell by the archives here, I used to make them all the time, but then mysteeeeeeriously stopped.

Part of it was moving on to other things for awhile, but the main culprit was the clay. While Premo is better than regular Sculpey for the durability of delicate things like tentacles, it's also a great deal stickier in its raw state. So I'd try to make a tentacle twist, and the tentacles would keep sticking to each other, and would tear when I tried to pull them apart. Not acceptable! But this one is made with Kato Polyclay, which is also highly durable but not nearly as sticky, so I was able to position the tentacles at my leisure.

So now you know.

No comments: