Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shirt Feep



A few years ago, when I was working on the design for the feep drawing I was going to put on my silkscreen t-shirts, I tried to draw something that looked sort of like something I'd sculpt. I'd never actually made a feep exactly like that, though, so of course I had to turn around and sculpt a feep based on the shirt feep.

These days I use the feep drawings to create monsters that would be difficult to sculpt - might as well work to the strengths of the given medium - and I will eventually come out with a new silkscreen design that's more 2D-focused. But this one has served me well for some time, and certainly has a canonical feep look to it.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Very much a fav.

When compared to the previous day's cat feep, eerily similar--but without a mouth, and big surprised/scared eyeballs instead of slanty ones...yet has feet, where the cat feep doesn't...yet all in all a quintessential feep.

Dylan Edwards said...

True cat feeps never have feet for some reason. Possibly because my cat likes to sit in a cat-pod position with all her feet tucked under her.

Andrea said...

Heh heh..."cat-pod"...
A friend calls that position "two-paw tuck" (which is actually all four paws tucked), also known as a "cat slipper" or "cat loaf"....but now I'll think of it as "two-pod tuck"...